For a current calendar of events: May 2019
See our weekly schedule and menu in the Johnstown Breeze.
Programs and activities (subject to change) include:
- Alzheimer's support group. More info
- Lunches served on Wednesdays ($4.00 for those 60 and over)
- The second Tuesday of the month, a catered meal from a local restaurant is available for $5.
- Gambling excursions (3rd Thursday of the month)
- Exercise classes (Tuesday 9:30 am & Friday 8:30 am)
- Yoga (Tuesday & Friday)
- Bingo (2nd & last Wednesday of the month)
- Craft, art & dance classes
- Musical programs
- Informative sessions
- Medicare counseling
- Tax preparation, and much more
- On select Wednesdays, the center offers free blood pressure checks.
Royal Gorge Rafting and Train Trip
The Johnstown Senior Center is offering a rafting trip and train ride down the Royal Gorge! The trip will take place on Monday, July 8, starting at 7 a.m. in Canon City. The cost is $140, with taxes and fees included. The cost covers a half-day trip down the Arkansas River, level 2 and 3, and then a train ride under the Royal Gorge bridge, with lunch at a local restaurant. To sign up or get more information, contact Shirley Newsom-Gamez at 970-587-5251.