I-25 North Express Lanes: Johnstown to Ft. Collins
The expansion of I-25, by Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT), with an Express Lane in each direction, will provide trip reliability, safety improvements and more for Northern Colorado.
Key Project Features
- Increase capacity by adding an Express Lane in both directions, replacing four aging bridges and widening four additional bridges.
- Improve multi-modal access to regional transit to promote mode shift.
- Improve bus service performance and reduce each total trip time by 15 minutes by adding new bus slip ramps from I-25 to the new Park-n-Ride at Kendall Parkway.
- Create new pedestrian, bicycle access under I-25 at Kendall Parkway.
- Connect the Cache la Poudre River Regional Trail under I-25 and network to 100 miles of total trails. It will also serve as a wildlife corridor.
Update (4/12/19): Upcoming Full Closure of CO 402
During 2019, the I-25/CO 402 interchange will undergo substantial changes, resulting in a new and improved interchange. To support reconstruction, the I-25 North Express Lanes Project team will close eastbound and westbound CO 402 under I-25 for a total of 120 days beginning the night of Tuesday, May 7. CO 402 will be fully closed from the southbound I-25 on- and off-ramps to the new Southeast Frontage Road. Access will be provided via northbound and southbound I-25 detours respectively.
The project team will host a public meeting on Wednesday, April 17 from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. to provide information about upcoming construction activities, closures and detour routes, and answer any questions members of the community, local businesses or residents may have. The meeting will take place at The Ranch Events Center Complex located at 5280 Arena Circle, Loveland, Colorado 80538.
Construction activities are weather dependent and subject to change. Please watch for construction vehicles entering and exiting mainline I-25 and obey all posted signage in construction zones. Your safety and the safety of our crews is our highest priority.
The I-25 North Express Lanes Project provides a Courtesy Patrol during commute hours (6 to 9 a.m. and 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.) to assist with disabled vehicles within the project limits.
To stay up-to-date on construction information and keep yourself informed on I-25 North Express Lanes: Johnstown to Fort Collins Project news, call the Project hotline at 720-593-1996 or sign up for emails at email@example.com.
More information about this project is available at:
- The project website: https://www.codot.gov/projects/north-i-25/johnstown-to-fort-collins/johnstown-fort-collins
Information about other projects and road conditions can be found at:
• Sign up for project or travel alerts: www.511.cotrip.org
• See scheduled lane closures: www.codot.gov/travel/scheduled-lane-closures.html
• Connect with us on Twitter (@coloradodot) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/coloradodot)
For information about the I-25 Express Lanes Project: 120th to Northwest Parkway/E470 please visit https://www.codot.gov/projects/north-i-25/NorthI-25/120thNorth or https://www.cotrip.org/home.htm.