The Town of Johnstown and its partners are consistently monitoring the current crisis and making efforts to implement the safest practices, including closures and reopenings, that prioritize the health and safety of our community.
What is the Town of Johnstown currently doing?
- Click here for regularly updated Public Service Announcements (PSAs) from the Town (PSAs)
- Click here for FAQs related to COVID-19.
- Participating in ongoing and regular communications with county and regional emergency management and health agencies to review necessary data, updates, and strategies to coordinate response and action.
- Providing developing information about the virus as we learn more across our communications platforms. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more timely information.
- Encouraging and reiterating healthy habits and proactive measures against the virus on our communications platform.
- Updating our list of resources below for easily accessible accurate information on the virus.
The following are the best methods of prevention in avoiding exposure to the virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating, after going to the bathroom, and after coughing, sneezing and blowing your nose. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol can be used if soap and water are not readily available.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick, and keep children at home when they are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning sprays or disinfecting wipes.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Coronavirus
- View Gov. Polis's 2020 Executive Orders
- CDPHE - Symptomatic, what to do?
- CDPHE - Basic Facts of COVID-19
- 211Colorado - Multilingual service connecting people to vital resources in Colorado